Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Swimming With Half of Yourself

What a wake-up call!  I smell like chlorine.  Today, our swim coach had us work with pool buoys, i.e. swim only with your arms, not your legs.  Down and back, down and back we girls went.  The hardest part was trying not to stop at each end of the pool and chat!  Our coach said we needed to not stop at each end, just continue and try to do a 100.  A 100 is down and back twice, without stopping.  My son does tons of these.  All of my kids swim these lengths in the summer, down and back, down and back.  I can barely do one.  Our coach says that we need to use our legs only the slightest bit as we swim or our legs will be fatigued by the time we get to biking and running.  It’s clear that it will take a lot of practice to be able to swim for either one of the triathlons that we are thinking of—February or May. 

For now, I’m getting psyched up for the Turkey Run this Thursday with several of the tri-it women!  Should be lots of fun--with people wearing turkey hats and feather costumes and houses decked out already for the holidays along the way.  My kind of run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment