Monday, November 14, 2011

"If The Going Is Easy, Beware. You Might Be Headed Downhill."--Anonymous

Okay, so this is how tired I was this morning--I showed up to meet my running buds with my exercise pants on inside-out!  Tags were sticking out and the inside zig-zag stitching was all over my legs outside the pants.  I wish I was kidding.  We were all meeting where any number of people could check out the crazy lady wearing her pants inside-out.  I was waiting for someone to make the remark, once prevalent in high school, "Hey, what happened to you?  Your mom not dress you today??"--only now I AM the mom, so thankfully everyone kept their maturity in place and that didn't happen.  Luckily, after mumbling to my wonderful friends that I am just so tired, they laughed a bit and then, were kind enough to just wait for me as I went in the restroom and changed. Yes, these are the kind of friends it is so good to have in my crazy life!

Oh, I was so tired.  After a weekend of painting rooms, cleaning, seeing extended family, and ushering to sports events, the last thing I wanted to do this morning was run.  Not motivated, I told my friends to just go at their own pace and I would follow.  I didn't know if I could keep up.  My legs felt like lead.  I ran a few slow, very difficult steps, then a few more and a few more, just up to the light, just up to the stop sign, just up to the mailbox and before I knew it, I had run my four miles.  I did it.  These are the days that are the hardest--the ones it takes more of yourself to get motivated and get out there.  Days like this aren't easy, but these are the days that you remember, that you imprint on your mind, and that pull you through future difficult days.  If you can do it today, you can do it then, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment